(Effective Oct 1, 2016)
What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
We may collect information about your visits to our site, such as your Internet service provider, browser type, operating system, pages accessed on our sites, and the date and time of access to optimize your user experience. We may also receive information telling us from what site you came to our site.
When you send us an email using the Contact Us link, or otherwise, we will retain the content of the email, your email address, and our response in order to handle any follow-up questions you may have. We also use this information to measure how effectively we address your inquiries or concerns.
The information we collect from you is meant to help us:
- Fulfill your order
- Manage your registration preferences
- Send you service notifications
- Make our website compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our customers
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys
- With your consent, recommend courses that may be of interest to you
Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect the following personally identifiable information from you during your interactions with and transactions at MyFDAAcademy.com website:
- Name, address, and telephone numbers
- Email address
- Payment information, such as credit card number, billing address, and expiration date
- Corporate contract, employer, or affiliation
- Professional interests
Other than as expressly set out in this policy, we do not use any of your personally identifiable information (which is any information that identifies you or can be used to identify you) for advertising, nor do we track or collect it other than as stated above so that we can provide you with our products or services. We also do not track or collect any of your sensitive information which includes information such as your race, religion, ethnicity, and political opinion. We do not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to third parties. We do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties, except when required by law or necessary for executing a transaction authorized by you (such as a credit card payment for a course). If you are using our site pursuant to a corporate agreement, we may disclose personally identifiable information concerning your usage of the site to your employer.
Transfer of Personal Data
As the internet is a global environment, collecting and processing personal information may involve the transmission of this data internationally, including outside of the European Union. Therefore, by using our website and/or communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way.
How Do We Comply with COPPA?
We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian may notify us by using the Contact Us page, and we will remove the information and unsubscribe the child from our site.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit MyFDAAcademy.com. We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- Identifying returning users
- Recognizing your preference information
- Reducing the need for returning users to re-enter their login details (for example, remembering your username and only prompting you for your password)
- Keeping track of your purchased and completed courses, and your certifications
- Enabling you to move more easily around our sites and applications
- Tracking your use of our site to better develop our site to suit your needs
- Building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our site, which enables us to recommend content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
We use reputable third parties to deliver the notification e-mails you receive when you take courses and/or conduct other activities and transactions at our site. These third parties use technologies to perform message open sensing, message format sensing, and click-through sensing in order to bring you more relevant information.
Our website and our courses may, from time to time, contain links to external sites, primarily for providing reference links to materials relevant to the courses. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and we recommend that you read the privacy policies on any external sites you use.